About the Mareeba Wetlands
Outside the Reserve, the region abounds in a range of superb day or half day excursions, including:
- Early morning balloon flights
- Helicopter tours over the Reef, Rainforest and Outback
- Follow the Tropical Tablelands food trails to local fruit wineries and distilleries, tropical fruit tastings, visit coffee plantations and mango orchards
- Spend a day in Chillagoe, exploring the ancient limestone caves system
- Drive to the Southern Tablelands, a land of misty mountains and rainforest encircled crater lakes
- Luxurious Port Douglas and trips to the Great Barrier Reef are only one hour’s drive away
- The tropical city of Cairns, with its exciting shopping and huge range of activities is also only an hour away.
- Birding in the ‘Golden Triangle’ from Mt Lewis and Julatten to the Atherton Tablelands and Michaelmas Cay.
All of the above activities can be arranged by the operators of Jabiru Safari Lodge, who will happily attend to your requirements